Friday, March 03, 2006

By Way Of Introduction

I can't believe I actually jumped off the deep end and created a blog! For so long, I've only been the reader of numerous, very interesting, helpful and encouraging blogs.

First and foremost, I am a Believer in Jesus Christ. It is Him in whom I put my trust for each glorious day. He's a faithful friend that I absolutely could not live without. He is the only One who never fails.

I've been married to my husband, Phillip, for almost 15 years now and we have three beautiful 'gifts'. The oldest is 10, Number2 is 9, and Number3 is 3. We've had four miscarriages which will probably come up in a later post. My husband currently works for a construction company that has him traveling all over the country. In order to keep our family connected, we made the decision to travel with him. We homeschool our children which enables us to be flexible. I'll be sharing much more in later posts about "how we do this"; the joys and blessings, what God is teaching us through it all, as well as the struggles ( both emotional and physical), and other musings about life "on the road".

Home base is in East Texas. On our little piece of earth, we've tried our hand at farm animals, including chickens, goats, cows, a turkey that didn't make it long, rabbits, and guineas. We've also learned a lot through gardening and have begun to open our land for sharecropping. Well, we don't call it that anymore do we? But, that's truly what it is.....sharing a crop. Only, since we'll be gone for most of the year, the crop will probably be shared with various other folks instead.

Upon the encouragement from various anonymous folks over the years (my Mother is my biggest fan!) I decided to finally journal my thoughts in a format where they can be read by anyone. Just yesterday, my mother was remembering me as a shy and reserved little girl and I suppose, in some ways, that's still true today. The shy part...certainly not the little part. A few days ago I took a little Charlie Brown personality quiz I found on another blog and to my surprise, I was most like Marcie! I thought for sure I was most like bossy Lucy as that's what I've been labeled all my life being the oldest in a family with four children. But no. Marcie. "There's more to you than meets the eye" they say. Well, I'd have to agree. And, the only way to know what's "in there" is to read about it.

No comments: