Monday, November 05, 2007

The Decent

I saved the best for last. This is one my favorites from the whole trip. It turned out very clear, the road below adds interest and the panoramic view is breathtaking. Needless to say, going down was much more enjoyable than going up and, believe it or not, I actually rolled down my window and hung my head out to take a few pictures. We were very fortunate; the road to the summit is usually closed this time of year due to snow, but as you can see the snow has been scarce this year.



Two frozen lakes



I think this one is very interesting because it gives a good visual of the road. Do you see it? It looks like a narrow snake-like line in the dirt. Not all parts of the road have you gripping the seat or hiding your eyes. Some of it, in fact a lot of it, is very beautiful and enjoyable. Especially going down. I might add also that some parts of the road are paved and others are not.



This ends the Pike's Peak postings. Please feel free to email me to chat some more about our trip.


No comments: