Monday, November 24, 2008

Thoughts Held Captive

One of my all-time favorite books is Attitudes of a Transformed Heart, by Martha Peace. In the introduction of the book, Martha talks honestly about her faulty world view and thoughts about God before she became a Christian. It's simple, but we all need reminders of the right way to think about God.

~*~*~*~*~

*God is good. He is always good.

*I am to obey Him whether I feel like it or not.

*Excessive sensitivity and dwelling on hurt feelings is a manifestation of sinful pride.

*The feminist agenda is unbiblical.

*We are not to worship the earth.

*There are not multiple ways to God, only one.

*A person can say he is a Christian, yet not really be one.

*The Lord Jesus really will return but no one knows when.

*God's ways and thoughts are higher than ours.

*God is in charge whether we like it or not.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I am the LORD, and there is no other;

Besides Me there is no God.

I will gird you, though you have not known Me;

Then men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun

That there is no one besides Me;

I am the LORD, and there is no other."

Isaiah 45:5-6

1 comment:

Letitia said...

That sounds like a great book.
Thanks for coming by. I was over here a few days ago, but got interupted, and didn't get to comment. I'm going to check out your other blog.