Monday, March 06, 2006

A Proverb A Day

This particular blog has been on my mind for some time because it's something that has proven especially profitable for our family for well over three years now. In addition to other bible time readings, teachings and songs, we read a Proverb a day corresponding with the specific day's date. For instance, today is the 6th so we read Proverbs 6. Usually, Phillip divides the chapter and each child reads a portion aloud and then at the end we all take turns speaking about a lesson learned or something especially meaningful. I am truly amazed (and blessed!) to hear what comes forth from the mouths of my children! I've learned a lot myself.


These six things the LORD hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren.
Proverbs 6:16-19
~~*~*~*~
And a precious memory of our time in Louisiana..........picture this;
A cute three-year-old with a bouncing blonde pony tail riding a red tricycle in circles in the middle of a motel parking lot singing at the top of her lungs as if no one is listening.....(whew~I'm gonna be sited for a run-on sentence here....)
"Alive! Alive! alive forever more,
My Jesus is alive, alive forever more,
Alive! Alive! Alive forever more!
MY JESUS IS ALIVE!"
Yes Lollie Lou, He's alive indeed. But, I know at this point you can't fathom the depth of your precious song. My prayer for you is that someday soon you will know Him as your savior and friend. ~Mom

No comments: