Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Today I'm thankful for my Beloved, Phillip.


He's not perfect, but he's perfect for me.


He knows me. He's got me figured out.


He's one of the very few people I honestly trust.


He makes me a better person.


He's my friend.



Many years ago, we were encouraged to pray together (out loud). At first it was awkward. Though we were married, I wondered if I knew him well enough to actually pray with him. It sounds weird to actually type that, but the longer I live, the more I realize that so many couples really don't know each other at all. Praying together can be that missing link, in my opinion. It's intimate. It's real. And it's beautiful. Today, I'm thankful we took that giant, awkward step to pray together. When we're apart, we miss it. When life seems too crazy, it's the first thing we want to do when our heads hit the pillow at night. Try it. And then write me. Your testimony will encourage others.


Blessings ~ Angela


*Phillip does not sit around posing for pictures. I steal them when I can - shutterbug that I am. This one was taken at the state park last weekend as he watched the kids swim.

No comments: