Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hattiesburg Hiatus


It's been over a week now that we stole away to spend time with hubby. We headed home Monday morning, only to make a U-turn in Jackson when Phillip called to inform us the steering went out on his truck. So we're here for week two and so very glad to be spending extra time as a family.


We found a beautiful state park with a nice swimming hole. Only the most adventurous can stand the freezing cold water, but it's nice to be out of the hotel no matter what we're doing. Last Sunday, we went for a drive down to Gulfport and frolicked at the beach. It was very beautiful and not what I expected at all. Yes, you can definitely see remnants of a disaster, but what I saw most was regrowth and beauty. I had nothing with which to compare my observations as I'd never been to Gulfport - or Biloxi, etc., but I was pleasantly surprised to see vacant lots with debris cleared away, new shopping centers, and beautiful southern-style homes being rebuilt right along the water.

No comments: