Friday, May 30, 2008

Happy Friday!

I've finally recovered from our 6-day Arizona Wedding Trip, but I'm sad to say my house is still in shambles. I had the blessing of an out-of-town friend visit most of the day yesterday so I was more than happy to leave the mess for lunch out, a long chat over Starbucks, shopping, and then, last but certainly not least, the Lord's perfect timing showered us with more blessing as we shared dinner together with both husbands in tow. I'm filled to the brim with love and encouragement this morning.


Douglas just came in to inform me that he walked up on a chick-slaughter out near the chicken pen. It's sad, but we all know it's going to happen sooner or later. We've had so much animal death out here on the farm that we all know it's just a way of life; especially with chickens. Douglas is more determined than ever to have the .22 loaded and ready for the times he sees the wandering "neighborhood" dogs. I really can't say much as the two we own are part of the culprit pack and one was even caught redhanded with a chick in its mouth. I'm proud of Douglas though, I keep blogging (as you can tell I'm real worried...) and he's in charge of the scene. Laura came in tear-free and said something like, "Mom one's half breathing!" Life goes on. We're good.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Part of my quiet time this morning included Proverbs 30. It's chocked full of good stuff, some of which I'll share.


Proverbs 30: 2 says "I am the most ignorant of men...." Immediately my heart agreed. I've been most stupid along the way The most of which has been pride-related. And oh how the good Lord will humble us.....


But then it goes on to say in vs. 6, "Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar." Oh my. Can you even imagine what the Christain community would be like if we left our interpretations/opinions out of the equation?


And vss. 8 & 9. These are actually ones my dear hubby quotes quite often. They say, "Keep deception and lies far from me. Give me neither poverty nor riches; Feed me with the food that is my portion. Lest I be full and deny Thee and say "Who is the Lord?" Or lest I be in want and steal and profane the name of my God." Oh Father, teach us how to be content.


Have you spent time in the Word today?

No comments: